Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Feeling Better??

Day 59

Emma had a little bit better day today than yesterday.  She seems to be stable again although there have not really been any significant improvements; they actually went up a little bit on the settings of her ventilator.  However, she did seem to be acting more like her old self tonight.  Even though she has generally stayed pretty active and alert throughout this ordeal, she hasn't really been feisty like she usually is.  But tonight, she was definitely feisty!  The nurse tried to tuck her in, and we all know how Emma feels about that.

Hmm, what should I do about this?


I know!  I'm going to cause some trouble!


I can't believe that nurse tried to tuck me in.  I'll show her. 


First, I need to suck my thumb.


Next, maybe I'll see if I can get this tube out. 


Nope, that's stuck on pretty good.  Time for my escape!


First leg out! 


Oh no!  My other leg is stuck!


Fine, I'll just hang out with one leg in the air for awhile.


Boy, that's tiring.


Yes!  Got both feet out!!  


Why do they keep putting the blanket on me?!


Wahhh!!


Phew!  I sure showed them.  Now I need a nap! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm laughing and crying about today's post, Kristen and Matt! It's so wonderful to see a bit of that old schooch-of-a-little-girl coming back. And your captions are just so funny! You have no idea how this brightened my life...I think about you every minute of every day and pray for our Emma to make it back to the mountaintop. God speed, little angel. oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma looks so much bigger!! Maybe she needed to poop out a little for the growth spirt. Checking out the captions you write,Kristen, sure does give me a laugh. You,Matt and Emma are very special people. A very special family and an inspiration to all. Your little angel is quite a girl!!! Go Emma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Emma you are too much! I love your peach fuzz and little tongue! Keep on fighting! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma your getting big and we love your pictures! We especially love the one of you sucking your thumb. Keep getting strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool. Emma will be walking out of the place in a couple of weeks.

    Good signs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness Ms. Emma, look how you've grown!
    Keep up the strong work! Much love

    Glad to see the number of dirty diapers that dad has changed is increasing : )

    ReplyDelete