Monday, November 22, 2010

Still Going Strong!

Day 37

Emma is still going strong on the SiPAP!!!  They even lowered her oxygen just a little bit more!  She is such a champ.  She was much quieter yesterday - I think she was tuckered out from her escape attempts on Saturday.  Plus, it is a little more work for her to be on the SiPAP so hopefully she realized this and was trying to conserve her energy.



"Hey!  I remember this thing..."


"I don't think I like it..."


"Let me see if I can get it off..."


Unfortunately, Emma lost quite a bit of weight last night and is back down to 730 grams.  However, the nurse weighed her without the mask on and previously she was weighed with all the ventilator tubing.  Also, her last weigh-in she still had an IV in.  So we think those extra items weighed her down a little, plus she may have lost a little just from the extra work of the SiPAP.  But we're sure she'll be a chunky monkey again in no time. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the little faces she makes when she's trying to get the mask off her - she looks so aware of what's going on! It's really cool to see. Such cute expressions!

    ReplyDelete